This degree is intended for students who plan to transfer to a baccalaureate program into majors requiring rigorous mathematics and mathematics-based science requirements, such as mathematics, biology, chemistry, geology, physics, and other sciences. It provides a foundation of general education, along with courses chosen to help fulfill lower-division baccalaureate requirements.
Ready to Get Started?
What courses will I need to take?
What will I learn?
Coconino Community College offers General Education courses that provide students with the highest quality experience. To that end, we measure the effectiveness of our program using the following student learning outcomes as our guide. Students who complete our General Education program, whether as part of degree program or the AGEC, can expect to acquire or improve their skills in the following areas:
- Plan, construct, and present logical, coherent, well-supported arguments with consideration of target audience
- Communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing, at a college-level
- Demonstrate listening and comprehension skills for effective communications
- Use appropriate technology for communication and information gathering
- Formulate vital questions and problems in a clear and precise manner
- Gather, assess, and interpret information within a theoretical framework
- Develop well-reasoned conclusions and solutions to problems
- Recognize and assess the assumptions, implications, and consequences of various theoretical frameworks
Diversity and Global Awareness
- Analyze the complexity of humanity and its significance for the individual and for society
- Describe the interaction between individuals, their culture, and the physical environment
- Evaluate the continuity of events/issues over time
Ethical and Civil Values
- Recognize the consequences and significance of one’s actions
- Understand social values and the implications of those values
How will my course placement affect my course sequence?
Tracks based on current degree minimum requirements for English and Math.
Work with an advisor to ensure completion of your pathway in a timely manner.