The TRIO SSS program increases our student retention and graduation rates, facilitates student transfer from two-year to four-year colleges, and fosters an institutional climate supportive of the success of low-income and first-generation college students and individuals with disabilities. The TRIO SSS program is free.
Ready to Join?
The application for 2023-2024 is now open. Fill out the TRIO SSS New Student Application.
Have an interest in TRIO SSS?
Want more info on joining the program or have general questions? Fill out the TRIO SSS Interest Form and TRIO SSS advisor will reach out.
Tutoring is available for eligible TRIO students for many CCC courses (depending on availability and demand) that is accessible via the Nimbus application.
Fill out the TRIO Loan Request form for Laptops, Calculators, Books and more.
TRIO SSS Statistics
|of TRIO SSS students are in good academic standing||students cited tutoring support as the number one reason to join TRIO SSS||TRIO SSS students cited their grade improved because of tutoring||will persist to the next academic year||of TRIO SSS Students will earn a degree or certificate in 4 years|
TRIO SSS Program Eligibility
Students served must be:
- Economically disadvantaged and/or
- First-generation (neither parent has received a four-year college degree) and/or
- Have a documented disability
- A U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
Program selection is based on the completed application and space availability in the program.
TRIO SSS Program Services
Services may include:
- Assigned academic advisors
- Individualized academic tutoring
- Career exploration and major and course selection
- Assistance with Financial Aid and Scholarship applications
- Study skills assistance: note-taking, textbook reading, time management, financial management education, and test prep workshops
- Assistance with transfer to four-year university or college
TRIO Tutoring via Nimbus
I would like to recieve tutoring:
- Download the NIMBUS application on your smartphone (iOS - Apple or Android).
- Use your CCC information (CCC username and password) to register.
- Select the "TRIO" service and search for the course code corresponding to the course for which you require support.
- You can register for a single one-hour session at a time.
- All tutoring sessions are free, and can be held either online or in-person at designated CCC campus locations.
The mandate that tutors commit to is to provide guidance by answering your questions concerning the course material, reviewing certain concepts with you, going through exercises and directing you toward other resources, if necessary.
Have questions about our service?
Please note that the tutor cannot be substituted for the instructor in any way or answer questions concerning evaluations. If the tutor's approach to resolving a specific problem differs considerably from the approach employed by the instructor, it is your responsibility to consult the instructor.
Due to shortage of TRIO SSS advisors, click on TRIO SSS - First Available to confirm an earliest appointment with the first available advisor. For students needing FAFSA assistance, please schedule with Simon Chief. Students can schedule an appointment with an advisor to plan for upcoming semesters or talk about long term goals.
TRIO Program Coordinator
TRIO Project Advisor
For more information, please call 928-226-4171, or email us at
Through a grant competition, funds are awarded to institutions of higher education to provide opportunities for academic development, assist students with basic college requirements, and motivate students toward the successful completion of their postsecondary education. Student Support Services is sponsored by Coconino Community College and is 100% Federally Funded through the U.S. Department of Education, totaling $266,888.