Coconino Community College believes academic achievement is directly related to the course placement students receive prior to their enrollment. We are committed to providing opportunities for successful academic experiences for all students.
Coconino Community College administers the ACCUPLACER placement test from The College Board. Click here to learn more about the exam.
We administers the following sections of Accuplacer (click on each name to learn more):
- Math – All students will take the Elementary Algebra section (12 multiple choice questions) and then move up to College Level Math (20 multiple choice questions) if they score high enough on the Elementary Algebra section. We do not administer the Arithmetic section.
- Reading Comprehension: 20 multiple choice questions.
- WritePlacer: Consisting of a 300-600 word essay.
Please note we do not administer Sentence Skills.
The exam is not timed, however we recommend that you allow 3 hours for testing on all three sections.
Once you have completed your exam you will print out your results, including your recommended course placement, and review that information with the test administrator.
We also offer placement exams for Spanish, French and German.
Placement Testing Location: Lone Tree Campus, Room 111
To schedule your placement testing please call student services at: 928-226-4323 or email email@example.com
Please note the following requirements for placement testing:
- Photo ID required
- Comet ID number required
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of your testing session
- Only scratch paper and pencils (provided to you) are allowed on the exam (no outside materials are allowed including calculators).
Students are allowed to retest once per semester on each subject. There is a $12 retest fee per subject, and students are not required to retest on all subjects in the same day. Please pay the retesting fee at the Registration desk prior to your testing session and bring your receipt with you to the Testing Office.
Additional questions – Please contact placement testing at 928-226-4301 or firstname.lastname@example.org