- Last Updated: 15 October 2015
Student Transitions & Academic Readiness Training
Student Transitions And Academic Readiness Training (S.T.A.R.T.) is a program designed to support students in the achievement of their educational goals. S.T.A.R.T. participants recieve training in areas needed to navigate college with confidence and skills to help with a successful transition into a career or a four-year university.
What Are The Benefits Of Participation?
- Develop the skills needed to navigate college operations (registering for classes, using college technology, etc.)
- Enhance leadership skills and find out about student involvement opportunities
- Professional development and job search preparation
- Prepare for transfer to a university
- Students who participate in at least four workshops during an academic year will receive a certificate to include with your portfolio and will participate in a recognition ceremony at the end of the spring term
Here Are A Few Of The Topics Covered In Training
- S.T.A.R.T. Learning: Study Skills, Test Preparation, Library Services
- S.T.A.R.T. A Career: Resume Building, Career Exploration
- S.T.A.R.T. Computing: Registering Online, CCC Technology, Navigating Online Classes
- S.T.A.R.T. Connecting: Student Clubs, TRiO, Veteran's Services
- S.T.A.R.T. Planning: Registering For Classes, Financial Aid, Scholarships, Transferring
- New topics are always being added. Check the calendar frequently to find a topic that interests you!
Are You Interested In Facilitating A Workshop?
If you are a faculty or staff member interested in facilitating a workshop fill out the call for presenters form and return it to Laura.Rosensweet@coconino.edu
Facilitating a Workshop? Please use the following materials:
For More Information Contact:
Student Services Reception