Student Loan Information
- Last Updated: Monday, 18 September 2017
To apply for a student loan you MUST:
- Complete the FAFSA.
- Submit all required documents including a Loan Request Form to Financial Aid
- Be enrolled and attending at least 6 credit hours
- Complete Loan Entrance Counseling at StudentLoans.gov
- Sign your Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) at StudentLoans.gov
- Print your student loan history at www.nslds.ed.gov and attach a printed copy of the MyStudentData chart to your Loan Request form.
- Once awarded, accept your loans in Self Service.
After students have received their loans they MUST:
- Complete Loan Exit Counseling at StudentLoans.gov.
Parent PLUS loans:
Parents interested in applying for a Parent PLUS loan may go to StudentLoans.gov to apply.
- Click "Sign In"
- Enter your information to sign in
- Request PLUS Loan
- Select Parent PLUS
- Follow the instructions on the screen
Please allow 5-7 business days for CCC to get the results of your credit check and award the loan.
6 Things You Must Know About Repaying Your Student Loan
Frequently asked questions about loans:
- We get a lot of questions on loans so we created a Frequently Asked Questions page.
Important information about loan changes:
- Subsidized loan limit changes effective July 1, 2013
- Additional information about the Subsidized loan limit
At Coconino Community College, we understand that student loans can be intimidating. That’s why we have partnered with Inceptia, a division of the National Student Loan Program, to provide you with free assistance on your student loan obligations to ensure you feel comfortable and can be successful in your loan repayment.
Inceptia may be calling to help you with next steps in your repayment journey. Their friendly counselors are there to help you every step of the way. While you are in your grace period, they might reach out to you to answer questions you may have on your repayment options. If you become delinquent on your loans, they may also contact you to help find a solution that works within your means.
The Inceptia counselors are there to help you with every step by staying in touch with you via phone calls, letters, and/or emails. They will not be collecting money from you. Inceptia’s nonprofit purpose is to help you find answers to your questions and solutions to your issues. We encourage you to visit Inceptia’s Student Loan Knowledge HQ website at HeroKnowl.org.
Below are other links related to loans:
- National Student Loan Data System
- Direct Loan Servicers (1-800-848-0979)
- Loan Consolidation (1-800-848-0979)
- Loan Change Request Form
- Loan Forgiveness for Public Service Employees
- Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification form
- Enrollment Verification for Loan Deferment (students must login to their MyCCC > Student > Student Records > Enrollment Verification and Student information)
- Direct Loan Entrance Counseling Guide
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling Guide