Transfer Credit

Coconino Community College may count coursework that you've already taken toward a degree or certificate if:


  • the coursework was completed at a higher education institution accredited by one of the following regional commissions: Middle States Commission on Higher Education, New England Commission of Higher Education, Higher Learning Commission (HLC), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, WASC Senior College and University Commission, Northwest Commission on Colleges. 
  • a grade of C or higher was earned in the course.
  • the coursework or professional experience falls into one of the defined Credit for Prior Learning categories below.


How to Have Transfer Credit Evaluated at CCC

To have coursework taken outside of CCC evaluated for credit, please follow these three steps.  Transfer credit evaluations take two to three weeks to complete. 


Step 1 - Apply to CCC

If you haven't already, make sure to file an application with CCC on our Apply Now page.


Step 2 - Send official transcripts

In order for transcripts to be official, they must be sent directly from the institution you previously attended to CCC, or delivered in-person to any CCC campus in a sealed envelope (given to you by the institution).


  • Electronic transcripts can be sent to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Paper transcripts can be mailed to:

                            Coconino Community College

Registration & Enrollment Services

2800 S. Lone Tree Road

Flagstaff, AZ 86005

Step 3 - Check your declared program

Make sure your declared program of study is correct - you can view this in DegreeWorks and/or student self-service.  Your transfer credit will be evaluated based on your declared program.  If your declared program is incorrect, you can submit a Change of Major form.

Step 4 - Review your transferred credit

Once an evaluation is complete, transferred credits will be posted in DegreeWorks and on your unofficial transcript in self-service (accessed through myCCC ).  After reviewing how your transferred credit has been applied to your degree or certificate program, if you believe your coursework requires further evaluation, please review the options on the Request for Evaluation form.  You may need to gather relevant course materials (such as course descriptions, outlines, or syllabi) for faculty review.   


Credit for Prior Learning

Credit for Prior Learning is an evaluation of learning that occurred in a setting outside of a regionally-accredited college or university’s credit courses. This can include (but is not limited to) learning that took place in a non-regionally-accredited college or university’s credit courses, noncredit coursework, military training, on-the-job training, or registered apprenticeship programs.


Credit by Exam

Credit is awarded based on a passing score on a nationally recognized test - see the Exam Equivalency Guide in the CCC Catalog for qualifying scores and the credit awarded for:


  • Advanced Placement (AP)
  • Cambridge International Examinations (CIE)
  • College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
  • DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST)
  • International Baccalaureate (IB)


To have exam scores evaluated for credit, students should request that an official score report be sent from the testing agency directly to CCC.

Military Training

ACE (American Council on Education) makes recommendations for college credit for Military Training.  Students who completed formal or on-the-job training in any branch of the US Military should have their military Joint Services Transcript released to CCC.  CCC credit may then be awarded based on ACE recommendations.

Foreign Credentials

Students who completed postsecondary education outside of the United States may have their foreign transcripts reviewed and translated by any organization affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services ( NACES ).  When requesting an evaluation of foreign credentials through a NACES agency, students should request that an official copy of the translation and evaluation be sent directly to CCC. 

Professional License or Certification

Possession of an industry license or credential is equivalent to achieving the learning outcomes of certain CCC courses.  Standard course equivalencies for professional licenses and certifications are listed on the chart below.  To have a professional license or certification reviewed for credit, students should submit a copy of their required documentation and a Request for Evaluation form to Registration & Enrollment Services.


Professional Certifications
  Professional License/Certification   CCC course CCC credits Documents Required
CIS - CompTIA A+ certification CIS 130   5 CompTIA A+ certificate (granted directly from CompTIA) - must be current and unexpired
CIS - CompTIA Network+ certification CIS 228 4 CompTIA Network+ certificate (granted directly from CompTIA) - must be current and unexpired
CIS - CompTIA Security + CIS 237 4 CompTIA Security+ certificate (granted directly from CompTIA) - must be current and unexpired
CIS - CompTIA Linux+ Certification CIS 161& CIS 171 8 CompTIA Linux+ certificate (granted directly from CompTIA) - must be current and unexpired
CNA license NUR 110&111 5 AZ CNA or LNA license copy - must be current and unexpired
CTM journeyman license CTM 299 32 Journeyman's Certificate/Apprenticeship Training Card (issued by national union)
EMT certification EMS 131 8 NREMT and/or other state certification (may be expired)
Fire Science - Hazmat FSC 138 4 IFSAC, ProBoard or AZ DEMA Haz-Mat Awareness and Operations (may be expired)
Fire Science - FF I and II  FSC 180 8 IFSAC or Pro Board FF I and II (may be expired)
Fire Science - Occup Health & Safety FSC 236 3 Incident Safety Officer AND Health and Safety Officer (may be expired)
Fire Science - Leader/Manager FSC 239 4 IFSAC or Pro Board Fire Officer I AND Fire Officer II (may be expired)
Fire Science - Wildfire FSC 233 4 ALL needed: S-130, S-190, I-100, I-700 (may be expired)
Fire Science - Chainsaws FSC 243 4 S-212 (may be expired)
Fire Science- Wildland FSC 253 4 ALL needed: FI-110, S-211, S-270 (may be expired)
Paramedic certification EMS 262A,B,C 47 NREMT and/or other state certification (may be expired)

Evaluation of Prior Course Materials

Students who wish to have courses taken at an institution without regional accreditation reviewed by a CCC faculty member should submit their official transcripts directly to Registration & Enrollment Services.  Students should gather all relevant course materials (including course descriptions, syllabi, completed assignments, examinations, etc.) and provide to appropriate faculty with the Request for Evaluation form.  For assistance determining an appropriate faculty member, contact Advising or Registration & Enrollment Services.