New Student Checklist - Getting Started
1 Review Deadlines & Prepare Early
Please review CCC's deadlines page so you can be informed of important dates.
2 Apply for Admission & Login to myCCC
There is no cost to apply, simply complete the online application on our Apply Now page .
Residency is a required step of admission for ALL students.
- Documentation to prove your state of residence (and county if you live in Arizona) and U.S. citizenship status MUST be submitted to Registration & Enrollment Services when you apply. Your residency status determines the cost of tuition. For more information view our Residency page and our Tuition page.
Read your admission letter for your comet ID and Student ID. Your CCC comet ID will be used to log into portal.
Upon admission you will receive an email with instructions to set up your myCCC portal. If you have trouble accessing your portal, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 928-226-4357.
Feel free to watch our "Getting Started With myCCC" video.
3 Complete Course Placement
Please complete course placement prior to meeting with your advisor using our Course Placement page.
4 Explore Funding and Payment Options for College
1. (FAFSA) Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Complete the application: Visit the FAFSA website. Enter the CCC school code: 031004.
- Check the status: 7-10 business days after submitting your FAFSA log in to myCCC, select Financial Aid.
- Complete additional requirements (if required): Follow the links to submit information.
For more information view our How To Apply For Financial Aid page.
Scholarships lists & resources: CCC scholarships page.
3. Veterans and Dependents of Veterans
Visit Veteran’s Services regarding all sources of veterans funding. They can assist with applying for benefits and other helpful resources.
4. Self-Pay, Payment Plans & 3rd Party Payer
Visit CCC student accounts for information about tuition rates, payment plan options and payment deadlines.
5 Schedule an Advising Appointment & Sign Up for Orientation
After following the previous steps, schedule an appointment online with an advisor. It may take several advising appointments to be fully prepared for class registration.
If you are new to CCC, our New Student Orientation is for you! Register for the New Student Orientation course COL 098 on our New Student Orientation page.
6 Finalize Payment
Tuition and fees are due at the time of registration, note deadlines each term and check CCC student email for reminders to avoid being dropped.
- Financial Aid: Review eligibility and disbursement.
- Interest Free Payment Plan: Log into the myCCC portal, in the QuickLaunch section choose "Pay Your Bill". On the next screen select "TRANSACT Payments-Pay Your Bill, Setup a Payment Plan". Within Transact select View Payment Plan Options
- Pay in Full: Log into the myCCC portal, in the QuickLaunch section choose "Pay Your Bill". On the next screen select "TRANSACT Payments-Pay Your Bill, Setup a Payment Plan". Within Transact select “Make a Payment”. Payments can be made with debit card, credit card (2.75% non-refundable fee) or E-check.
- Third Party (ex: Vocational Rehab): Visit Student Accounts FAQ page for additional information/forms required.
All vehicles parked on the Lone Tree Campus or the Fourth Street Campus must have a current CCC parking permit located in the proper location. You can purchase your permit online or in person. For more information visit the Security Parking page.
8 Student IDs
Visit the Campus Security desk at any of the CCC campuses to obtain a CCC student ID. IDs are free for new students and $5 to replace a lost card. To receive a card, students must be registered in the current term and have made payment arrangements.
! Additional Information
Do you need help filling out your FAFSA? Or have questions about the process?
Take advantage of the free services below, sponsored by the Arizona Board of Regents FAFSA support program.
Virtual Appointment. Students and families can schedule a one-on-one appointment with a local FAFSA expert. All appointments take place virtually via Zoom, Google Meet, or Microsoft Teams. To schedule visit the Scheduling page.
Benji is Arizona’s free digital FAFSA assistant. Text Benji with your FAFSA and financial aid questions and receive immediate answers. Get started by texting “Hi Benji” to 602-786-8171.
Call the Arizona FAFSA Hotline between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday for free support with FAFSA completion, college applications, and next steps for enrollment. 1-833-AzFAFSA ( English) | 1-833-MiFAFSA ( Spanish).
CCC Registration and Enrollment Services
2800 S. Lone Tree Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86005