CNA Program Information
- Last Updated: 13 August 2015
If you are considering taking any Health Care Classes we suggest that you apply for your DPS Fingerprint Card right away. Many of our clinical sites are now requiring DPS Fingerprint Cards.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Certified Nursing Assistant
*NOTE: All CNA students must have a criminal background check including fingerprint clearance at the completion of the course as part of the licensing application process. Please refer to www.azbn.gov, click on Licensure Certification, Applications CNA. Read: Citizenship, Fingerprint &Felony convictions Pg 2.
Course: NUR 110, Certified Nursing Assistant, 4 credits
This course will cover basic concepts common to all members of the health team in acute and long term care settings. Principles of communication, nutrition, emergency care, medical terminology, environmental safety, comfort and ethical/ legal aspects of health care will be taught. Basic nursing skills based upon fundamental nursing concepts in giving individualized client care will be learned in the classroom and in practice. A focus on the Certified Nursing Assistant’s role in caring for the adult patient/resident will be made. Under the expanded role of the Certified Nursing Assistant other opportunities will be reviewed as well. This class will prepare the student to take written and skills examination for the application for state certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant. The student must pass this class and the state exam to become certified. Prerequisites: Current American Heart Association Healthcare Providers certificate, health requirements including evidence of negative TB testing within the last 3 months, a Flu Shot, proof of two (2) Varicella (Chickenpox) vaccinations or positive blood titer, proof of 2 measles, mumps and rubella vaccinations or blood titer, and TDAP, Math 082 or higher, RDG 099 or placement test score(s) beyond prequesit course(s) or consent of instructor, CCC student ID number.
* Pre or Co-requisite AHS 131 Medical Terminology
Course: NUR 111, Nursing Assistant Clinical 40hrs of Clinical
Rotation (4-10 hr or 5-8 hr days), 1 credit (Uniforms are worn during clinical.
Provides Students with the necessary clinical time required for application for state certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant. Students will practice basic concepts common to all members of the communication team, nutrition, emergency care, medical terminology, environmental safety and comfort, ethical/ legal aspects of health apply, basic nursing skills based on fundamental nursing concepts in giving individualized client care. The clinical days are interspersed throughout the semester. Co-requisite: NUR 110. Prerequisites: Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR, requirements including evidence of a negative TB testing within the last 6 months, a Flu Shot (maybe required), proof of two (2) Varicella (Chickenpox) vaccinations or positive blood titer, proof of 2 measles, mumps and rubella vaccinations or blood titer, and TDAP, Math 082 or higher, RDG 099 or placement test score(s) beyond prequesit course(s) or consent of instructor, CCC student ID number.
You will need to purchase a set of scrubs (dark teal scrub pants, any style, a dark teal scrub top with CCC student patch on the left sleeve; to be worn for clinicals, as well as a wrist watch with a second hand, black pens, small note pad and a stethoscope (optional).
Textbooks Available at CCC Bookstore, Lone Tree Campus
- Pens/small notebook
*Completion of this program does not guarantee certification by State Nursing Board. CNA testing must be passed as well as criminal background check.
For those students already registered for a CNA course, you will be given information regarding clinical supplies and uniforms your first day of class. You DO NOT need a uniform to begin class.
The following requirements must be met prior to registration, and copies must be brought to the Nursing Department.:
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR certification. This is the ONLY CPR accepted.
- Evidence of a negative TB skin test within the past 6 months or (neg. chest x-ray within the past 2 years).
- TDAP vaccination within 10 years. (Please be sure to get the “Pertussis” included)
- Evidence of two (2) MMR vaccinations or positive blood titer
- Proof of two (2) Varicella (Chickenpox) immunizations or proof of positive blood titer.
- Math 082 or higher and RDG 099 or placement test scores beyond pre-requisite course or consent of instructor.
- You must be admitted to CCC.
- You must have proof of having taken, or being registered for AHS 131.
- Flu Shot.
- You may call Fourth Street Registration for information: (928) 526-7601 regarding tuition and registration.
- You may contact: email@example.com for information regarding placement testing.
- Students must call Lone Tree for Financial Aid Information: 928-226-4219
NOTE: All necessary requirements take time to accumulate. Please start early in acquiring documentation.
You may call the Nursing Department at anytime with questions. Our office hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:00 – 5:00 pm.
- We are located on the 4th St. Campus.
- Our phone number is 928-526-7640