- Last Updated: 09 March 2015
Student Transitions & Academic Readiness Training
Student Transitions And Academic Readiness Training (S.T.A.R.T.) is a program designed to support students in the achievement of their educational goals. S.T.A.R.T. participants recieve training in areas needed to navigate college with confidence and skills to help with a successful transition into a career or a four-year university.
What Are The Benefits Of Participation?
- Develop The Skills Needed To Navigate College Operations (Registering For Classes, Using College Technology, Etc.)
- Enhance Leadership Skills And Find Out About Student Involvement Opportunities
- Professional Development And Job Search Preparation
- Prepare For Transfer To A University
- Student Who Participate In At Least Four Workshops During An Academic Year Will Receive A Certificate To Include With Your Portfolio And Will Participate In A Recognition Ceremony At The End Of The Spring Term
Here Are A Few Of The Topics Covered In Training
- S.T.A.R.T. Learning: Study Skills, Test Preparation, Library Services
- S.T.A.R.T. A Career: Resume Building, Career Exploration
- S.T.A.R.T. Computing: Registering Online, CCC Technology, Navigating Online Classes
- S.T.A.R.T. Connecting: Student Clubs, TRiO, Veteran's Services
- S.T.A.R.T. Planning: Registering For Classes, Financial Aid, Scholarships, Transferring
- New Topics Are Always Being Added. Check The Calendar Frequently To Find A Topic That Interests You!
Are You Interested In Facilitating A Workshop?
If you are a faculty or staff member interested in facilitating a workshop fill out the call for presenters form and return it to Kim.Khatibi@Coconino.edu
Facilitating a Workshop? Please use the following materials:
For More Information Contact:
Student Services Reception