Construction Technology (AAS Degree)
- Last Updated: 22 July 2015
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Construction Technology provides students with the skills to pursue a career in the construction trades or in construction management. Students will be instructed through mastery learning components and field study workshops arranged with local contractors. Students may apply credit hours earned in the Construction Technology Certificate toward completion of the AAS degree.
General Education Requirements: 25 credits
|*All AGEC coursework must be selected from the approved AGEC list.|
|Composition (6 credits)|
|ENG 101||College Composition I||3|
|ENG 102||College Composition II||3|
|Mathematics (3 credits)|
|MAT 140 or higher||College Mathematics with Algebra Review or higher||3|
|Arts/Humanities (6 credits)|
|Two courses||Two courses||6|
|Social/Behavioral Sciences (6 credits)|
|Two courses||TWo courses||6|
|Physical/Biological Sciences (4 credits)|
|One course||One course||4|
Degree Core Requirements: 24 credits
|CTM 120||Building the Human Environment||3|
|CTM 123||Building Construction Methods I||3|
|CTM 124||Building Construction Methods II||3|
|CTM 130||Blueprint Reading & Estimating||3|
|CTM 150||Basic Electrical Theory||3|
|CTM 211||International Residential Code||3|
|CTM 288||Construction Supervision, Scheduling & Project Management||3|
Electives: 11 credits
|Select any 11 credits from BUS, CIS, CTM or WLD with a minimum of 3 credits in CTM.|
The outcomes identified below define the knowledge and skill sets that graduates of this program will possess at the end of their program of study.
- Possess the appropriate skills in drafting, design and layout used in contemporary construction management.
- Understand and apply knowledge of construction methods.
- Demonstrate competent application of methods used in the construction trades including carpentry, concrete, masonry, plumbing, sanitation and electrical.
- Understand and apply the basic safety practices used in the construction trades.
- Acquire the computer operation skills and competencies in using AutoCAD® software for construction methods purposes.
- Employ critical thinking and evaluation skills to ensure high quality and cost effectiveness management of design, implementation of construction methods and trades, and satisfactory completion of the construction project.