Welcome Back CCC Students! We are here to serve you while following the safety guidelines established by the CDC and CCC. Therefore, the majority of our advising sessions will be offered via Zoom and phone for the current term. We will have some limited in-person services.
Assigned Advisor for last names A-F
Academic, Career, & Transfer Advisor for ASU, GCU, and U of A
Assigned Advisor for last names G-J and Veteran Students
Academic & Career Advisor
Assigned Advisor for last names K-M
Academic & Career Advisor
Career Technical Education (CTE)
CCC Fourth Street Campus
Career and Technical Education Program Information
Assigned Advisor for last names N-Z and CCC2NAU
Academic & Career Advisor
PT Academic Advisor
Academic and Career Advisor
Academic Advisor, Senior
TRIO SSS Advisor
TRIO SSS Advisor
Thank you for taking the time to meet with our advisors. We are very interested in your advising experience and would appreciate your feedback. Please take a few minutes to complete our Student Satisfaction Survey. We look forward to meeting with you again!
Prior to meeting with an academic advisor, new students must submit an online Admission Application, establish their residency status, and activate their myCCC portal. To complete the registration process, you can follow the steps included in the New Student Checklist.
Prior to or during the advising appointment, all students are expected to log into their myCCC portal, confirm Comet ID, student @ID or provide a photo ID, and securely upload necessary documents through the Secure Upload Tool (e.g. unofficial college transcripts, ACT or SAT test scores, high school transcripts within past 5 years, or GED scores).
There is a lot of information to learn as a CCC student. Check out the Student Handbook, a resourceful guide to navigating and utilizing campus resources and programs.
Please keep to your appointment, NO SHOWS will be noted. Check the student email regularly for important announcements and correspondence from your academic advisor.
CCC will continue to utilize the self-placement assessment on the Course Placement page to determine the most accurate course selection in English and Math. Students who do not want to self-place may still use other self-placement measures such as ACT, SAT, ACCUPLACER, previously earned college credit, high school G.P.A., or GED test scores to determine course placement. It is important for students to make well-informed and wise self-placement decisions. Please meet with your advisor if you would like additional guidance. Inappropriate decisions about self-placement may affect the time it takes you to complete your certificate or degree and may impact your ability to receive financial aid and/or scholarships. Students with transfer credits must send all official transcripts to CCC Registration prior to class registration so they can be evaluated for equivalency or as a possible pre-requisite(s).
You can access the myCCC student portal through the CCC main webpage at the top of the page. Your user ID is your Comet ID, which is made up of a combination of five characters, starting with your first and last initial. First-time users must create their initial password and security information to activate their myCCC student portal. If you do not know your Comet ID or have changed your password and need to have it reset, please contact the CCC ITS Help Desk at 928-226-4357.
- Main Menu – Access to the full navigation menu within myCCC.
- Quick Launch - Single Sign-On Quick Launch icons for Canvas, Gmail, Google Drive, and Self Service Banner. Also includes quick-access shortcuts to SmartThinking, Library and Change Password.
- Connect Box – The new home for Announcements. All academic, class, ITS, job, news, or student development announcements will appear here and will work as “Feed” similar to social media feeds. Students can choose what categories they would like to see.
- Gmail Dashboard - A quick view of your recent 50 emails from in your Student Email.
- Dock Icons & User Settings – Quick-access icons to myCCC applets. On the Android and iOS Apps these will appear on the bottom as a dock. Navigating to the drop down arrow next to the icon opens a menu allowing changes to category preferences, contact information and profile icons.
Left Side Navigation Menu
- Home – myCCC Home Page with Connect & Quick Launch
- QuickLaunch – The QuickLaunch applet from the homepage on a page by itself
- Connect – The Connect Feed from the homepage on a page by itself
- Gmail Dashboard – An easy access for students to view their emails, clicking on an email opens Gmail (This is aimed at “preview” for students to click on an email that interests them or to see if they have any unread email without navigating to Gmail)
- Self Service – Banner Applets accessible directly within the portal. Students can register for classes, check registration status, check financial aid, and more without leaving the portal. More information on the next page. (Page 3)
- External Links – Links that do not have applets within the portal, including the CCC website, Library, Event Calendars and more.
- Social Networking – Links to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and YouTube.
- Maps – Quickly view the campuses and access directions to them.
- Contacts – Department phone numbers for students to quickly call.
- News – RSS News feed from our website within the Portal. (Pulled from: www.coconino.edu/news)
- Contact Support – CCC ITS Help Desk Email Address
Some users (employees, admins, etc) may see additional links depending on their access within the portal. If there are any questions or have any issues with additional links or missing links, contact the ITS Help Desk.
Self Service Banner Applets
- Banner Profile – Access to view user information within Banner, including biographical, email addresses and phone numbers. On an a second tab, academic information including residency, citizenship, graduation date, degree seeking, and cumulative GPA is available.
- Account Summary – View total balance by semester. Including tuition, differential tuition, fees, parking, payments and financial aid accepted awards
- Register for Classes – Find and register for classes within a “cart” system, allowing students to add classes to a cart to compare and add classes. A simplified version of Add/Drop classes within Self Service Banner. Does not show as many details as easily, figure 1 example below. Students must select a semester before anything else, as it’s based on the current semester to show subjects and instructors.
- Registration Status – View student status, academic standing and holds based on the student’s academic progress. Also shows total credit hours taken.
- Financial Aid – Financial Aid breakdown by aid year for requirements, awards and account summary. Requirements will not link to the required forms, but they will be named for students to find them on the website or within the Forms page next.
- Financial Aid Forms – Links to the Self Service Banner Form outside the Portal for all financial aid forms the student may need to complete. – Students may be required to sign in again to access this.
- Holds – Shows all negative holds on a students account, including the advising hold.
- Class History – List of all classes the student has taken at CCC oldest to newest. Class History will also will show total credit hours, total passed hours, cumulative GPA.
- Transcripts – Links to the Transcripts Page within Self Service Banner with links to Parchment and Degreeworks.
- Grades – Breakdown per semester of Final Grades including Semester GPA and Cumulative GPA.
- GPA Calculator – GPA Calculator for students to type in their current GPA and classes they will take.
- Class Schedule – External link to the Self Service Banner Course List.
In the top right of myCCC is an icon with the students name and a circle for an icon. By default, this circle icon will show the students initials. Clicking on this box will give three options.
Your Profile - Your profile will let the student edit their profile picture, edit connect interests, and view their name, email and phone number.
Preferences - Preferences allows the user to change how Connect and Messaging will contact them when a post is made.
Log Out - Signs the user out of the portal.
Enabling Email for Connect will send an email all posts made with an interest selected.
Messaging is for administrators to send an email and/or post on Connect to all users based on the announcement need. Users can enable to receive Email/SMS based on these posts.
Manage Favorites allows students to build a small Favorites section within the Main Menu for easy access to items.
Courses listed are from the most recent AGEC course list for Coconino Community College (2022-2023)
Developmental coursework can be financed through Financial Aid for eligible students.
DEVELOPMENTAL COURSEWORK: This coursework is not applicable towards any degree or certificate at CCC.
ENG 095 Basic Reading & Writing Skills (4) PT
ENG 098 Integrated Reading & Writing Skills (4) ENG 095; PT
ENG 099 Fundamentals of Composition (4) ENG 095; PT
MAT 088 Pre-Algebra (4) PT
MAT 091 Beginning Algebra (4) MAT 088; PT
MAT 097 Intermediate Algebra (4) *Calculus Prep* MAT 091; PT
ENGLISH COMPOSITION: Complete ENG 101 or 101A and ENG 102.
ENG 101A College Composition I w/Review (5) RDG 099; Writing PT
ENG 101 College Composition I (3) ENG 098; PT
ENG 102 College Composition II (3) ENG 101
ENG 102H College Composition II - Honors (3) ENG 101
MATHEMATICS: Select course based on degree.
MAT 140 College Math w/Algebra Review (5) MAT 091; PT
MAT 142 College Mathematics (3) MAT 097; PT
MAT 151 College Algebra (4) MAT 097; PT
MAT 160 Introduction to Statistics (3) College Level Math; PT
MAT 187 Pre-Calculus (5) MAT 097; PT
MAT 187H Pre-Calculus - Honors (5) MAT 097; PT
MAT 211 Business Calculus (4) MAT 151; PT
MAT 220 Calculus & Analytic Geometry I (5) MAT 187; PT
MAT 230 Calculus & Analytic Geometry II (5) MAT 220
MAT 241 Calculus & Analytic Geometry III (4) MAT 230
MAT 261 Differential Equations (4) MAT 230
ARTS AND HUMANITIES (A/H): Select two courses from different disciplines.
ANT 102EC Introduction to Cultural Anthropology (3)
ART 100 Art Appreciation (3)
ART 201C Art History Prehistoric to 1400 (3) ENG 101
ART 202C Art History 1400 to 2000 (3) ENG 101
ART 221EC Art of the Southwest (3) ENG 101
CPS 100EC Overview of the Colorado Plateau (3)
CPS 200EC Colorado Plateau Institute (6)
DAN 201EC Dance History (3)
ENG 139W Introduction to Creative Writing (3) ENG 101; p/c ENG 102
ENG 237ECW Women in Literature (3) ENG 101; p/c ENG 102
ENG 238E Literature of the Southwest (3) ENG101
ENG 270W Creative Writing: Fiction (3) ENG 101; p/c ENG 102
ENG 272W Creative Writing: Nonfiction (3) ENG 101; p/c ENG 102
HUM 205CW Technology & Human Values (3) ENG 101; p/c ENG 102
HUM 235 American Arts and Ideas (3) p/c ENG 101
HUM 241W Humanities I (3) ENG 101; p/c ENG 102
HUM 241HW Humanities I - Honors (3) ENG 102 or ENG 102H
HUM 242ECW Humanities II (3) ENG 101; p/c ENG 102
HUM 242HECWHumanities II - Honors (3) ENG 102 or ENG 102H
MUS 100 Music Appreciation (3)
MUS 145E Jazz History & Literature (3)
MUS 207E American Popular Music (3)
MUS 240C Music of World Cultures (3)
MUS 245EC Rock and Pop (3)
PHI 101C Introduction to Philosophy (3)
PHI 101HC Introduction to Philosophy - Honors (3)
PHI 103 Introduction to Logic (3)
PHI 105E Introduction to Ethics (3)
PHI 105HE Introduction to Ethics - Honors (3)
REL 201C Comparative Religions (3)
REL 204C Asian Religions (3)
THR 101 Introduction to Theatre (3)