Adult Basic Education for College and Careers
Do you need to earn High School Equivalency (HSE) through the GED exams?
Or, do you want to learn English but need some help?
CCC's Adult Basic Education for College and Careers Program offers FREE HSE/GED-prep & English-language (ESL) classes to residents of Coconino County in multiple modes: in-person, virtual (via Zoom), or online. Classes are open to anyone at least 16 years old and legally present in the U.S. Our mission is to help individuals develop the skills needed to obtain High School Equivalency and/or use the English-language to enhance daily life and create opportunities to pursue sustainable careers and/or higher education.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the Adult Education team has had limited and varied on-campus availability. However, staff will return to working on campus starting July 1st, 2021. When/If you come to the Fourth Street Flagstaff campus in person, please follow CCC’s posted COVID-19 protocols, which are in place to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
That said, the most reliable method of communication is email if you are looking for a timely response. The Adult Education Team's Contact information can be found below.
If you are not currently enrolled, please follow one of the methods below to register:
- Complete the Coconino Community College Online Application .
Make sure that under the second section, "Academic Goals", you make the following selections. For the second question, select "Earn a GED or improve English language skills". For the fourth question, select either "GED" or "English Language Acquisition for Adults ELAA/ESL" as your program of interest.
- After submitting CCC's online application, click the blue button to continue to the Adult Ed. online registration form.
- Complete the Adult Ed. program registration form and click the "Submit" button.
- Once your registration documents (CCC online application & program registration form) have been received and processed, you will receive an email directing you to your next steps for joining GED or English-language (ESL) classes.
- Review CCC’s COVID-19 protocols . Staff is available Monday-Thursday, 9-5pm.
- Come to either CCC’s Fourth Street Flagstaff or Page campus with your current photo ID.
- A team member will help you complete CCC’s online application and the Adult Ed. registration form (hand-written or digital).
- Once your registration documents are processed, you will receive an email directing you to your next steps for joining our program's HSE/GED-prep or English-language (ESL) classes.
We thank you for your continued patience through this still uncertain time. Please know we will do our best to continue to provide you with timely service.
GED Prep Classes
- Classes accessible virtually (via Zoom) throughout Coconino County
- Program sites with services available in Flagstaff, Tuba City, Supai, & Page (TBA)
- Classes free to Coconino County residents ages 16+
- Multiple pathways to earn a High School Equivalency Diploma
- Study plans are personalized, offering one-on-one tutoring, in-person classes, and/or independent online courses
- Free Official GED Practice Tests and opportunities to have GED exam fully funded
#5: Course offerings are flexible and customizable to meet your hectic schedule!
Virtual & In-Person Classes available morning, afternoon, & evening, year-round classes, four program sites in Coconino County, independent online classes and tutoring available to work at your own pace.
#4: Program Participation is 100% Free!
All classes and materials are 100% Free. Program participants also have access to free official GED Practice Tests and GED Exam Funding.
#3: Career Training & Skill-Building Opportunities Available!
Earn industry and/or job skills credentials while studying to get your High School Diploma
#2: College Readiness Training & Entryways Available!
Program participants who earn their high school diploma are eligible for 3 FREE credits from CCC and access to CCC advisors and financial aid opportunities
#1: High School Diplomas Achievable without taking GED exams!
New, alternative high school diploma pathway option that bypasses GED exams by having participants complete a course of academic & career training
English Language Classes
We offer 4 Basic English Language Classes: True Beginner, High Beginner, Intermediate, & Advanced level mixed skills classes
- Our classes are a fun and engaging way for students to learn English vocabulary and grammar in context while gaining skills and strategies in reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- All classes are free for Coconino County residents, ages 16+
- Currently, all classes are held online through Zoom video conferencing.
At the end of August, we will return to in-person classes while also continuing to provide some form of distance learning so that we can extend services throughout Coconino County.
Sign up for our Newsletters
Fourth Street Campus
|475 S. Lake Powell Blvd.Page, AZ 86040-0728P: 928-645-3987||3000 N. Fourth St.Flagstaff, AZ 86004-18925P: 928-526-7600||78 Main St.Tuba City, AZ 86045P: 928-283-5856|
Adult Education Staff & Faculty
|Donovan Wiedmann||Program Senior Manager||Contact Form||928-526-7637|
|Alfredo Vasquez||Program Assistant||Contact Form||928-526-7639|
|Pat Natseway||Transitions Coordinator||Contact Form||928-526-7657|
|Julie Baumgartner||HSE/GED-prep Instructional Leader||Contact Form||928-526-7663|
|Rebecca Gottlieb||HSE/GED-prep Instructor||Contact Form||928-526-7613|
|Wendi Lewis||HSE/GED-prep Instructor (Tuba City)||Contact Form||928-526-7607|
|Debbie Goldenstein||ELAA/ESL Instructional Leader||Contact Form||928-526-7638|
|Jennifer Dennis||ELAA/ESL Instructor||Contact Form||928-526-7650|