Adult Education FAQ

General Adult Education FAQ

How many Adult Education Learning Centers are there in the county?

The majority of the Adult Education classes will be offered 100% virtually (via Zoom) or with a virtual option; as a result, individuals throughout Coconino County can participate remotely.

When in-person classes resume July 2021, GED-prep Learning Centers will be available in Flagstaff (Fourth Street campus), Page (TBD), Tuba City, and Supai.
ESL students can participate in in-person classes at Flagstaff's Fourth Street campus starting August 2021.

When are the Adult Education Learning Centers open?

The Adult Education Learning Centers located at CCC campuses in Flagstaff (Fourth Street) and Page are open during business hours. Supai and Tuba City Learning Center hours are determined by the local site coordinator. Please visit the CCC Adult Education webpage for contact information or call for exact hours and team member availability.

What about parking?

If you are coming to campus to register for the program, park in the “temporary parking” spaces to avoid being ticketed.

If you are coming to campus to take a placement or progress test, check in with security and give them details about your vehicle to avoid ticketing.

If you plan to attend in-person classes, your instructor will help you obtain a parking pass. Bus passes are also available for Adult Education students with transportation needs.

If I live in a rural area or I have issues with child care or transportation, can I study at home?

Absolutely, yes!  Currently, Adult Education classes are conducted through Zoom, so as long as you have mobile device, laptop, or PC with an internet or phone connection, you can participate.  Online, independent classes are also a good option if you have a hectic schedule but are dedicated to your educational goals.  

If you lack the technology resources to connect to our classes, please contact an Adult Education team member to explore options.


English as a Second Language (ESL) FAQ

What is the required ESL orientation? Is it Required?

All new Adult Education students must complete the required orientation prior to joining classes.


English-langauge (ESL) students do orientation individually with an instructor.


High School Equivalency (HSE) through GED Exam FAQ

What is the required orientation?

All new Adult Education students must complete the required orientation prior to joining classes.

For High School Equivalency (HSE) through GED Prep students, orientation can be completed in-person or online once the registration process is completed.

Orientation covers the following topics: our program’s structure and services, how the GED exams work, personal and career goal setting, and a placement test.  Once orientation is completed, students will meet with an Adult Education team member to create an educational plan by choosing classes and setting goals.

Does everyone need to go through orientation?

Yes, all new GED-prep students need to complete the entire orientation process.  For in-person orientation, students attend an 8-hour, 2-day orientation session. Online orientation requires students to complete seven steps on a website.

How do I register for orientation? What do I need to bring to signup?

GED-prep students will decide which form of orientation (in-person or online) they want to do once their registration is complete.

Students choosing the in-person orientation will be expected to attend both days, for the full time at CCC's Fourth Street campus. Students are encouraged to bring notebook, pen/pencil, and a water bottle.

Students choosing online orientation will be emailed a link to the orientation site. Once on the website, individuals navigate through the steps at their own pace to complete the orientation process.

What do I do next if my placement test scores seem high enough to pass the GED?

During the final step of New Student Orientation, you will discuss your placement test results with an Adult Education team member who will advise you about the GED Ready Practice Test (free vouchers available). This test measures your likelihood of success on the actual GED exam. Individuals who pass the GED Ready Practice Test are strongly recommended to immediately schedule that GED exam, either at NAU's Testing Center or through GED's online system.