Student Loan Information
Dependent freshman may apply for $3500 in student loans and dependent sophomores may apply for $4500 in student loans. Typically dependent students will receive a subsidized loan, but in some instances (such as a high Expected Family Contribution or EFC) the maximum amount could be a combination of subsidized and unsubsidized or only unsubsidized.
Independent freshman may apply for $3500 in subsidized student loans and independent sophomores may apply $4500 in subsidized student loans. Typically independent students will receive a subsidized loan, but in some instances (such as a high Expected Family Contribution or EFC) the maximum amount could be a combination of subsidized and unsubsidized or only unsubsidized. Additionally, independent students may also apply for up to an additional $4000 unsubsidized student loan.
All students who wish to receive loans MUST:
- Complete the FAFSA and turn in all required documents to CCC financial aid
- Be enrolled and attending at least 6 credit hours
- To request loans, complete the Loan Request Form; effective 2013-2014 you must attach a printed copy of your student loan history at: http://www.nslds.ed.gov/nslds_SA.
- Complete Loan Entrance Counseling at StudentLoans.gov
- Sign your Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) at StudentLoans.gov
- Once awarded, accept your loans on Self Service: (Click on: Financial Aid > Award > Award for Aid Year > Financial Aid Year 2012-2013 > Accept Award Offer)
After students have received their loans they MUST:
Parent PLUS loans:
- Parents interested in appplying for a Parent PLUS loan may go to StudentLoans.gov to apply. Once there, click the "Sign In" button> Sign In > Request PLUS Loan > Parent PLUS and follow the instructions on the screen. Please allow two weeks for CCC to get the results of your credit check and award the loan.
Frequently asked questions about loans:
Student Financial Aid / Veterans Services Homepage