501-10 REVERSE TRANSFER OF CREDIT–PROCEDURE
1. PURPOSE2. PROCEDURE
Students leaving Coconino Community College prior to earning an associate degree or certificate may transfer credit back to the College from another post-secondary institution in order to fulfill the CCC program requirements.
- Reverse transfer procedures may be governed by individual IGAs or agreements with specific universities for the benefit of the student. The Registrar will maintain copies of any and all agreements related to reverse transfer.
- For institutions/universities that do not have agreements on file, the following is the responsibility of the student:
- Courses/credits that may be applicable for reverse transfer credit must be determined by the Registrar or designee.
- Students should contact their advisor for an appointment to determine what courses fulfill remaining degree or certificate requirements.
- Students must complete all program requirements including the number of credits necessary for the degree.
- From the Transfer Institution: After successfully completing the determined course(s) with a C or higher, the student must request an official transcript be sent to Coconino Community College to be evaluated by the Registrar or designee unless an IGA allows official transcripts to be shared without a student request.
- Upon completion and approval of graduation application paperwork, the College will notify the student that he/she has completed the degree or certificate.
- To receive an AGEC stamp on the CCC transcript using transferred credits from another post secondary institution, students must attend at least fifteen (15) credit hours at CCC.
- Courses numbered 300 and above may transfer as elective credit with a designation of 3XX or 4XX.
- References: FERPA and www.AZTransfer.com
- Revision history: 12/09/2009 (new procedure and supersedes Procedure
501-07-11 (Reverse Transfer Procedure)), 05/11/2011 (renumbered from Procedure 501-07 to 501-10 and re-titled to Reverse Transfer of Credit Procedure)
- Legal review: none
- Sponsor: Registration and Enrollment Services
Adopted by College Council: 12/09/2009