306-01 Faculty of the Year Award—Procedure
1. PURPOSE2. PROCEDURE
The Faculty of the Year Award provides recognition to two outstanding faculty members (one full-time faculty and one part-time faculty) who exemplify dedication to the mission, goals, and students of Coconino Community College.
Overall responsibility for the implementation and administration of the Faculty of the Year Award is assigned to the Faculty of the Year Committee.
- Models high standards of performance.
- Affords students every opportunity to achieve their highest individualized level of success on a consistent basis.
- Fosters and initiates teamwork, collaboration, and participation among faculty.
- Encourages student participation and innovation at CCC.
- Demonstrates the ability to teach, develop and implement curricula for diverse populations.
- Nomination for Faculty of the Year may be made by students, faculty or supervisors using the appropriate nomination form.
- The nomination period will be ongoing.
- Materials used in evaluating nominees will include nomination forms or letters of recommendation, supporting letters, and other appropriate materials.
- Faculty of the Year Committee will convene by March 1st to review nominations.
- Faculty of the Year Committee will present final recommendations to the President by April 15th.
- Winners will be announced at the last Faculty Committee meeting of the spring semester.
Individuals nominated for the Faculty of the Year will receive a letter of acknowledgement from the Vice President of Academic Affairs. Individuals selected for Faculty of the Year will have the honor of speaking at Commencement. They will also receive:
- A letter of recognition from the Vice President of Academic Affairs with a copy in employee’s Personnel File.
- A commemorative plaque stating “Faculty of the Year.”
- Their name engraved on a plaque that is displayed near the Office of the President.
- Publication of their names and photos in various College publications.
- A $1000.00 credit toward any professional conference, workshop or course of their choosing to be used in the following fiscal year.
- A general/employee parking permit to be used in the following fiscal year.
- References: none
- Revision history: 05/25/2010 (new), supersedes Procedure 490-04 (Outstanding Faculty of the Year Award)
- Legal review: none
- Sponsor: Academic Affairs
COCONINO COMMUNITY COLLEGE