Scholarship Application Checklist
Read Through The Information Below Before Starting Your Application
- All applicants must be admitted to Coconino Community College. Don’t go any further until you have been admitted.
- Use your Comet ID to login to the application. If you don’t know your Comet ID, you can use the Comet ID Finder. You can use this method as early as one business day after you’ve submitted your Admissions application.
- The application will take an average of 30-45 minutes to complete. If you take longer than an hour you will be kicked out and lose all information. Make sure you have time to complete it before starting. Save the application often to ensure your information is saved. You can revise your application up until March 31st.
- There is one REQUIRED ESSAY section and several optional essay sections. The required essay allows for a maximum of 1000 words – if you exceed this amount your application will be disqualified, no exceptions! The optional essays have varying maximum word amounts, pay attention to this! It is recommended to write your essay in Word – use the word count, spellcheck and then copy and paste it into the application. The essay section counts heavily during the review process; we strongly recommend you have someone proofread your essay(s).
- Have you completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)? Some scholarships require students show “financial need”, this is determined from the FAFSA. Completing the FAFSA before submitting a Scholarship Application is not required, but it is recommended.
- To submit your application click “OK”. If you leave a required field blank you’ll receive an error message.
- When the application has successfully been submitted you will be taken to a screen that lists "View/Edit My Application", your last name, first name and email address. You’ll also be sent a confirmation email.
- If you have technical problems or didn’t receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of completing the application you may contact the CCC HelpDesk at 928-226-HELP(4357).