We offer pro-rated General Parking Permits !
The cost of the permits are as follows:
Single Permit: good from September 2012 to August 2013 - $45.00
Transferable Permit: good from September 2011 to August 2012 - $48.00
Single Permit: good from January 2013 to August 2013 - $30.00
Transferable Permit: good from January 2013 to August 2013 - $32.00
Single Permit: good from May 2013 to August 2013 - $15.00
Transferable Permit: good from May 2013 to August 2013 - $16.00
Replacement or change to transferable permit: - $5.00
(all other related Parking Fees are listed in the student schedule)
GENERAL PARKING PERMIT INFORMATION
Parking permits are required at all CCC Flagstaff Campuses
To promote the safe and orderly parking of vehicles and bicycles within the boundaries of Coconino Community College campuses, and for the safe and orderly movement of traffic therein, moving violations and parking regulations are enforced. These procedures are primarily to ensure an orderly and fair allocation and use of available space for our customer, the student.
- A copy of CCC’s Parking and Vehicular Traffic Procedure, #121-13 can be obtained by contacting College Security. Lack of knowledge of these procedures will not be accepted as grounds for citation dismissal. If you have questions, please contact College Security.
Hours of control:
Parking permits and regulations for both Flagstaff Campuses are in effect and enforced twenty-four (24) hours a day, Monday through Friday.
Permits are issued for a single academic year. The academic year is defined as the beginning of classes in August until the beginning of classes the next August.
PARTIAL CITATION SCHEDULE
No Permit Displayed: $35
Improper Lot for Permit Type: $25
Permitted Vehicle in Visitor Parking: $30
Exceeding 30 Minute Visitors Only: $15
Moving Traffic Violations: $45
Parking Outside Stall Lines: $15
Unauthorized Parking Area: $25
Plate & Permit DSon't Match: $25
Parking in Handicapped Space; $85
Parking in a Fire Lane; $100
- Vehicles that are illegally parked in a loading zone, fire lane or handicapped space may be ticketed up to two (2) times during each 24-hour period and/or immobilized or towed.
- Impoundment and towing fees may be assessed in addition to the fines.
- Payment of fine not made within 14 calendar days will result in a penalty of twice the original fine, and the opportunity to appeal the citation is forfeited.
- Vehicles may be booted to identify the owner of an unregistered vehicle.
- Booted (immobilized vehicles) that do not have a permit will be required to purchase a permit before the boot will be removed.
- Any unpaid parking or traffic fine(s) will result in a hold being placed on the student’s account.
- Completed appeals must be filed with College Security within 14 calendar days of the citation date. Incomplete appeals will not be considered. Appeals cannot be faxed in to Security, they can be mailed through the postal mail, or emailed using the security email option on the appeal form.
Permit holders are responsible for the security of their permits. If the permit is stolen, a police report must be filed with the police department. The police case report number must then be submitted to CCC with a memo reporting the incident; the memo must contain the individual’s name, address and CCC identification number. The permit holder will continue to be held responsible for all citations and fines that are incurred after the loss or theft, until the permit holder files a report with CCC. Lost or stolen permits are NOT replaced free of charge. However, if a permit is stolen, an individual may obtain a replacement permit for a replacement-processing fee.
Refunding for permits will follow the same timeline as that for tuition refunds. See the policy in the class schedule for tuition refunds
- The College provides limited time parking spaces reserved for visitors only. Staff, faculty, students, any vehicle that has a permit issued to it, and those who are on campus on a regular basis are not considered visitors and will be cited if parked in a reserved visitor space. Visitors are required to use the proper spaces.
OVERNIGHT/LONG TERM PARKING PROHIBITED
Overnight parking of vehicles on College property is prohibited at all times, regardless of Hours of Control. Parking any vehicle in any parking area or space between the hours of midnight and 6:00 a.m. is prohibited unless permission is received from College Security.
During times that require snow removal, permission may not be granted to leave any vehicle overnight.
IMMOBILAZITION OR REMOVAL OF VEHICLES
The College reserves the right to immobilize any vehicle that has two (2) or more unpaid citations. The college also reserves the right to remove any vehicle that does not display a valid permit, or is parked in such a manner that constitutes a safety hazard, obstruction, is abandoned or stored, is in violation of restricted or reserved parking, or must be removed in order to respond to an emergency situation.
Bicycles are not allowed in any building belonging to Coconino Community College at any time for any reason. Ample racks are provided for securing bicycles outside of the buildings and are easily accessible via the bike path. Improper parking or storing of bicycles is subject to enforcement. The college does not provide locks.
SAFETY IS FOR EVERYONE
CCC maintains an environment which has an emphasis on the safety and welfare of Students, Staff and Faculty. As a result, several moving violations are strictly enforced. Drivers of vehicles detected exceeding the posted speed limit, failing to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians and those who fail to stop at the posted stop signs will be subject to enforcement.