ASL Interpreting Preparation options
- Last Updated: 01 October 2014
Northern Arizona Deaf Expo 2014
AAS Degree - ASL Interpreting - 64 credits
The Associate of Applied Science degree in American Sign Language Interpreting is designed to prepare students for licensure as interpreters for the deaf. This program is also designed to prepare students to sit for national exams of certification.
Certificate - ASL Interpreting - 39 credits
The Certificate in American Sign Language Interpreting is designed to prepare students for licensure as interpreters for the deaf. This program is also designed to prepare students to sit for national exams of certification.
Criteria for admission to the program:
Students must demonstrate 4th semester proficiency in ASL. They must complete or be enrolled in ASL 203, ASL 110, and ITP 210 and declare intent to complete the program of study in order to apply for admission to the program. A questionnaire and preliminary assessment of sign language skills is required.
- Information regarding the Sign Language Proficiency Interview (SLPI).
- Application for Admission
- List of American Sign Language courses
NOTE: The CCC Catalog will always have MOST current information about courses and programs
Planning ahead?* Send an email to the contact below and ask for a current Sequence of Study.
* An appropriate sequence of study will be offered – however, it is possible that some courses proposed for the fall semester might be moved to the spring semester of a given academic year to give more students an opportunity to participate.