Information For Faculty
Disability Resources at CCC promotes an inclusive educational environment. We believe in fostering student success by providing students access to the college experience. One of our goals is to collaborate with instructors in an effort to assist them in complying with the ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Our office is available to provide consultation and training on the accommodation process and other disability related issues upon request. Please review our website and feel free to contact our office if you have any questions or concerns.
- Include Disability Resources information in your syllabus. This information is found on the syllabus supplemental page.
- Take the appropriate steps when student provides you with a Letter of Accommodation (LOA) from Disability Resources.
- Follow outlined procedures for providing a student with Proctored Testing and other accommodations.
- Maintain integrity of academic standards in your courses.
- Maintain confidentiality of student disability information, especially when announcing a Note Taking request.
- Communicate your concerns with the Disability Resources Coordinator, especialy if you believe an accommodation causes a fundamental alteration in your course curriculum.
- Discuss any change of how an accommodation will be provided (prior to implementation) with the Disability Resources Program. Any alteration to accommodations must be approved by Disability Resources.
- Collaborate with the Disability Resources Program to provide quality services and equal access for students with documented disabilities.
Supplemental Forms/Information Faculty Proctored Test Form
FAQs of Proctored Testing
Note Taker Announcement
Understanding the Letter of Accommodation